As a freelance mom, I always enjoy doing renovation and enhancement for our home. But we know the fact that home makeover is a huge chore and really a complicated task because it will eat a lot of your time, effort and money. It is complicated because it is like flipping your home upside down. You can either make a petty makeover or you could literally change the entire look of your house, it is always up to you.
Now, what's with home makeover? Same as updating and changing your fashion style week-after-week, home makeover is the same. There is always something refreshing in new views, perspective, design and angle. So if you are already tired and bored of the same-old-hideous things in your home, why don't you try stretching your body and dazzle some magic in your home?
There are many things to be considered before doing your home makeover. It is not like you want things to be in its place according to what's on your mind, in a snap. No, it's not going to happen. So, to help you out, here are few things you may consider before doing your home makeover:
1. Decide whether you want to do a huge make over, you just want to update or you just want to change a specific part of your house. Always be specific and don't overwhelm yourself. Remember, home makeover cannot be done in just one day. It will take a lot of time, effort and money.
2. If you're alone, it is best you start doing the makeover in your room. Since it is your personal space, it is likely you are inspired to do the job. Other than that, no one will come and go to disturb you. You just need to have a little boost before you do the big thing. Start little by working in a little space. There you will find yourself crawling to the next room after you finish yours. You may consider having storage solutions to maximize your space while keeping your things organized. I suggest you to use organization tools such as; vacuum storage bags, shoe storage boxes, bag organizer, slim type hangers and hooks, book/magazine organizers and a hanging organizer for your jewelry collections. (for more household storage solution, you can visit www.starmaxonline.com.au)
3. In case you want to do the huge make over, consider your budget first. This makeover requires home helpers who can push, pull and carry things inside your home. If you have a budget and you are out of new ideas for your home design, you can hire the service of interior designer.
4. Painting the walls of your home with new color will instantly change its atmosphere, view and will lighten up the whole place. Every single change in your house will be noticeable if you will update the color of your wall. For a change, try to use color that you never used in your home but are still homey. You could also use wallpaper adhesive if you don’t feel like painting your wall.
5. Makeover means changing and enhancing ones appearance. So, if you are thinking bringing back your old things, please, throw the idea away. By the end of the makeover, you should start seeing something new and something fascinating in your home.